Tuesday, November 01, 2005


I will try not to put eight hundred photos in this posting but I do want you all to see a little bit of our trip to New Orlends..I will put captions next to the picture so you can understand what your looking at!! I have never encountered so much devastation yet so much Hope! For me personally I walk away being full life was spoken into like never before. Here is a small look...


This is a distribution center that gives food to 15,000-20,000 people a week, we worked here doing everything for putting together food boxes to cleaning the warehouse. Here I learned that even if I was only breaking boxes down for the garbage it was necessary in the everyday running of the center.

To the right is what we saw in most houses..Black Mold..this is what happens when a home or church gets any were from 3-30 feet of water..

This is what people were feeling about having to leave the only thing they have..

Mike and I and a few others put this tree back into the ground after it fell into this families yard-What a diffrence a little deed like this was to them..the team also cleaned the intire yard and the attic of the house but..they were most impressed with the tree.. it represented life! We continued to talk with this couple the rest of the week stoping in for tea and bringing them friends..

In This home is were I formed a life long relationship with a team member Lena. Together we put are heads down and baged up 5 rooms of nothing but soppy mess..This is also were we learned the "cochroch dance" these things were so big we had to name them...The next picture is a small look at pile of their life..They will never be the same for the Hope that we were able to give them! The Bottom photo will be of Lena and I sowing you the water line of the next home we worked on to tear our all the panneling and carpet

1 comment:

MKD said...

Welcome Home! Can't wait to hear more details!!